Sound Quality Rating
Build Quality Rating
4.4 out of 5
V-MODA is a company that creates iconic, fashionable headphones that just do not look like anything else in the market today. The catch? They make them sound well too. With metallic headbands and strange diamond-shaped ear cups, the Crossfade series has become a premier industrial DJ audio headgear and has taken the disc-jockeying world by a cool futuristic storm.
The V-MODA Crossfade M-100 headphones are the distilled output of much iterations of the Crossfade series itself, coupled with the input from over 200 audiophile testers that underwent many, many changes to land up at the market. It is certified to be the most audiophile-crowd-pleasing headphones – but will an average of all inputs take up the mantle of the best over ear headphone prize?
The average preferred sound of all these 200 or so people in the testing committee seems to be towards the warm bass heavy side. The thumping bass is perfect for DJs and those who like music made by DJs and assorted electronic instruments. However that does not compromise on the astonishing clarity in the highs and the lows. Coupled with a great acoustic seal and comfortable memory foam, these might just be one of the best noise cancelling headphones in the passive segment.
Click Here to check price at Amazon.com
- M-Class Modern Audiophile sound that was fine tuned by over 200 audio enthusiasts
- 50mm Dual Diaphragm drivers to separate the bass from the highs and mids
- CLIQFOLD design for ultimate portability
- Kevlar reinforced cables
- SpeakEasy cable for talking on the mobile phone and SharePlay for sharing the sound with other listeners
- Passive noise cancellation with the memory-foam pads for a great acoustic seal
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- V-MODA Crossfade M-100 Headphones
- Exoskeleton Carrying Case featuring the V-STRAP system and carabiner
- Kevlar reinforced SpeakEasy Microphone control cable and SharePlay audio cable
- ¼” adapter
- V-MODA sticker
The V-MODA Crossfade M-100 headphones look and feel like they are professional instruments of musicians in 2020. The V-MODAs look sophisticated and sexy without appearing to try, while other run of the mill competitors with a futuristic look desperately want to look cool. Customizable ear cup plates and the metallic headband also adds to this great and neat quality aesthetic.
- Warranty2 Yr Limited Warranty
- Dimensions4.5 x 7 x 9.5"
- Weight0.62 lb
- Cable Length50"
- Battery LifeN/A
- Build Quality
Steel engraved earpad shields and metallic headband ensures that these headphones can take a beating.
The memory foam earpads are extremely comfortable and provide a great acoustic seal, but these are not very comfortable in warm weather.
Fruity highs that impress but fall short of the response of the mids.
The mids are great and have a warm texture to them.
The bass is thumping and deep with a beefy feel to the entire thing.
- Noise Reduction
The passive acoustic seal by the memory foam ear cushions are quite adequate for listening in your room with a noisy room-mate.
The performance of these headphones is at par with any of the other models in its range.
Click Here for Reviews, Ratings & Specifications at Amazon.com
- Great build quality that will take quite a bit of beating
- Kevlar cords that are detachable and will not tear or fray very easily
- Replaceable shields and switchable phone call cables
- Great audio quality
- Portable design with a compact carrying case
- Expensive for a non-neutral pair of headphones
- Earpads might be too small for some, the memory foam makes it difficult to be comfortable in warmer climates
- Cable noise can be heard, especially with the SpeakEasy mobile talking cables
The V-MODA Crossfade M-100 headphones are unfairly put in the “lifestyle brand” bracket of headphones on account of their snazzy looks, while they are actually quite well made and great sounding headphones on their own right. We would be hard pressed to choose between the Sennheiser HD25s and these – they look good and sound good. If you have the money, you should give these a spin!