Sound Quality Rating
Build Quality Rating
4 out of 5
When you see someone with a Shure product, it stands out because of the very look that it possesses – it’s made for professional musicians and it shows. The construction is durable and looks like it could take a beating (at least more of a beating than anything in its category – not that it’s made for wartime or something) and over and above that, Shure offer long warranties for their products.
In the case of the Shure SE110 Headphones, the warranty is for two years. This just goes on to show that the SE110s are one of the most durable in ear canal-phones available in the market today. They do this by giving a rich sounding instrument with a super-durable connection between the earphones and the cable, which in itself is three times the diameter of what is found in the market.
In our journey to find the best noise cancelling headphones, the SE110 comes with the legacy and technology of Shure, this one fits somewhere in the higher-middle range of the series. While the sounds are very neutral and rich for the ears, the sparkly highs and deeper lows found in higher-range phones is not found in these. While these might not be the best in ear headphones available in the market, they are much better than what the competition was when they were launched first.
- Natural sound isolation blocks all unwanted noise from outside so that you can listen to the music comfortably
- Balanced micro-speakers ensure that high fidelity music is reproduced every time you plug these in
- Modular cable design aimed at those who like flexible wearing options
- Music Phone Adapter cable for those who like their music on just one device
- Fit Kit provides a range of in ear sleeves for a perfect fit
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Shure SE110 Headphones
- Music Phone Adapter with integrated control options
- Fit Kit with 3 silicone sleeves and one foam sleeve for perfect fit
- Carrying accessory
Rugged construction after thorough research by Shure’s engineers, the SE110 is a premium offering into the world of noise-free music anywhere. The ‘phones come with a fit kit that allows for the perfect fit, while on a plane or exercising, thanks to the thick, modular cable design. The included Music Phone Adapter allows you to control the music on your device without taking it out of the pocket.
- Warranty2 Yr Limited Warranty
- Dimensions1 x 1 x 14"
- Weight0.06 lb
- Cable Length24"
- Battery LifeN/A
- Build Quality
Rugged construction of earphone drivers with thick cable with strong connections with the earphones. Additionaly provided sleeves for the phones offer a wide range of options for comfort
As with any in-ear canalphones, the fit determines comfort, and the fit is different for everyone
Fruity highs that satisfy, but are no match for the sparkly notes found in the higher end models.
Quite warm mids that ultimately lack the definition expected from audiophile earphones.
Thumping bass will make you head-bang in the middle of the road, but the definition suffers here again.
- Noise Reduction
The foam tip ensures the best noise reduction regardless of ear shape, and the Shure SE110 manages to block over 90% of the outside noise (quoting directly from the box; in real life there is no way of measuring this percentage, is there?!)
Satisfying performance, but could be much better.
- Very durable – the cable is thick and the connections to the earphone are solidly made
- High fidelity reproduction of music – these headphones ensure that you are listening to music straight from the studio
- The bass is deep and house music sounds fascinatingly mind blowing
- No chirpy highs found in the higher end series, while the lows, while extremely fulfilling are not well rounded
- Sound definition in the mids is lacking a little, and the jangly highs and lows make it a little audiophile-unfriendly
- The fit might not be comfortable for some
The Shure SE110 Headphones manage to impress with the durable construction, heavy-duty cable and great performance, but ultimately fall short of true greatness because of the lesser quality sound of its superiors.