Sound Quality Rating
Build Quality Rating
4.7 out of 5
For the audiophile crowd, in ear headphones are definitely not alluring. They are small, the drivers are pushy, you need to have a comfortable fit and the burn in time makes a massive difference so they aren’t good right outside the box. Yet when all of this is done right, there are few who back out of the proposition. Enter Klipsch, with the lightweight and serious audio quality headphones that blow away competition from all but the best in ear makers.
The Klipsch Image X10i Headphones have clearly been made with both aesthetic design sensibilities and the needs of serious audio enthusiasts in mind. The sleek copper earpieces vanish inside your ear canal and the thin cable gets out of your way; you would hardly notice that these are one of the best in ear headphones available because you would be transported into another world as you plug them into your ears.
When they fit well into your ears, these are also one of the best noise cancelling headphones available. The silicone sleeves reflect all outward noise while allowing the X10is to expel clean and balanced sound into your ears. Yes, these are quite a handful when it comes to sound, with clear highs, balanced mids and deep lows with excellent definition and a throbbing soundstage that comes alive inside your ears.
- Extremely comfortable and slim earphones with Contour Ear Gels that take up the size of the ear canal for exceptional isolation
- Exceptionally clear audio with balanced treble, bass and a well enveloped soundstage
- Spectacularly designed – these look like they are professional grade earphones with aluminum bodies finished with sleek anodized copper
- Add-ons and frills with a variety of uses
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Klipsch Image X10i Headphones
- 3 single flanged and 2 double flanged Contour Ear Gel silicone sleeves in varying sizes
- Faux-leather carrying case with a hard back
- Compact pouch for more portability
- Airline adapter
- Ear gel cleaning toolkit
- ¼ in adapter
The sleek design looks great and the aluminium body and anodized copper coating makes sure that these earphones are rugged and durable in addition to delivering quality music to your ears.
- Warranty2 Yr Limited Warranty
- Dimensions1.3 x 0.3 x 0.3"
- Weight0.26 lb
- Cable Length50"
- Battery LifeN/A
- Build Quality
Rugged build quality thanks to the aluminium body and anodized copper coating – these will withstand a rugged jog.
The silicone Contour Ear Gels provide maximum comfort by moulding themselves to the ear design.
Clear, crisp highs that are not too chirpy but not too unclear either.
Balanced mids are very clear and really shine when the instrument definition is sought.
Rumbling lows allow you to appreciate the bass very well.
- Noise Reduction
The comfortable fit provides extremely good isolation without the need for batteries.
Stellar performance for the price – excellently placed for the budding audiophile.
- Extremely comfortable fit thanks to additional sleeves provided in the box
- Very clear audio with well-defined highs, mids and lows
- Inline module allows you to answer phonecalls or control music on your Apple device
- Very small, stealthy design that lets you forget the externalities of the headphones and enjoy the music
- Thin wire is tangle prone and stiff
- The microphonics are questionable
- No foam tips provided in the box
The Klipsch Image X10i headphones are clearly one of the first buys of a budding audiophile when she or he wants to get in on the in-ear earphone bandwagon. These headphones are well designed and provide a comfortable listening experience – and boy what a listening experience it is! These are one of the most neutral sounding headphones available for this price point, and if listening to FLACs and ALACs is your forte, these should be the headphones you should buy.