Sound Quality Rating
Build Quality Rating
4.3 out of 5
Across all ranges of audio products, from speakers to headphones, Sony delivers only the best for its customers. Clever crafting and minute attention to detail produces some of the finest products available in the market. With soundstages that are distinctly 3D to smart designs with a lookout for edge, Sony covers all grounds whether on the professional or the home front.
The Sony MDR-7506 Circum-aural Closed-Back Professional Monitor Headphones are built for the professionals. With a low impedance and circumaural design that cuts out ambient noise to the minimum, they offer high quality sounds in the studios, film production, electronic news gathering, live performances, et al. Meant to deliver maximum removal of ambient noise while professional sound-recording, their tightly sealed acoustic design has the capacity to compete with the higher priced products in the market, effectively making them one of the best noise-cancelling headphones in the midrange. The headphones pack in the punch with their diaphragm drivers. Bass is clear and palpable, and the treble is crisp. The compact designing with foldflat feature that allows for portability, scores high on the desirability quotient. The rugged construction, convenient packaging, comfortable cushioning, professional level OFC chord and distinct sound clarity makes the MDR-7506 headphones one of the best over–ear headphones in the market.
- The dynamic and circumaural closed-back stereo headphones are ideal for use in professional applications
- 40mm diameter drive units reproduce deep bass.
- Minimal distortion
- Neodymium magnets provide powerful and clear sound across the spectrum
- Compact, comfortable and strong build
- Fold flat design for portability
- Long OFC cable for flexibility in use
- Wide frequency response of 10Hz-20kHz
- Gold plated Unimatch plug provides both 1/8″ mini-jack and 1/4″TRS phono connectivity
- Flat, durable Y-type chord
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Sony MDR-7506 Circum-aural Closed-Back Professional Monitor Headphone
- Soft Case
- Limited 90-Day Warranty on Labor
- Limited 1-Year Warranty on Parts
- Stereo UniMatch plug allows use in both 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch applications
The MDR-7506 Circum-aural Closed-Back Professional Monitor Headphones have Simplicity as their only keyword in design. Muted as compared to the other flashier products in the market, these headphones have a clever engineering producing a solid construction that aims at providing a durable product. The headband comes with adjustable screw sockets for different sized heads. The billowy earmuffs are designed to move 180 degrees vertically. This, coupled with the fold-flat design, allows a high degree of flexibility in storage.
- Warranty1 Yr Limited Warranty
- Dimensions1 x 1 x 1"
- Weight1 lb
- Cable Length117.6"
- Battery LifeN/A
- Build Quality
Construction is rugged and solid. The earcups rotate a full 180 degrees with eas. Foldflat design allows for flexibility in storage. Chord is thick and stoic.
The earpads come with a generous helping of padding ensuring a snug fit. The headband is easily adjustable for different head sizes. The headphones themselves are lightweight. Cumulatively, comfort offered is satisfactory.
The highs are pristine.
Mid range is clear.
The diaphragm drivers ensure that the bass is enhanced, vibrant and almost tangibly pulsating.
- Noise Reduction
Passive noise-isolation by the fitted earcups borders on noise-cancellation. Pretty much all ambient sound is reduced to a minimal.
Low impedance with a high power handing capacity results in high volume levels from comparatively lower powered sources. Deep soundstage and solid response ensures that every element of music is revealed to its fullest.
- Professional quality headphones suitable for use in studios, home theatres, or live.
- Fold –flat design for extra portability.
- Neodymium magnets and 40 mm diaphragm drivers produce vibrant and clear sound with attention to minute detailing
- Earcups rotate a full 180 degrees vertically
- Steel band size adjustment allows flexibility
- Sturdy build that ensures longevity
- Long, coiled, professional quality chord that allows extended reach and mobility
- Lightweight, with comfortable cushioning on the earpads and headband
- Immersive soundstage
- Minimal sound leakage
- Minor EQ adjustments are necessary to balance out the bass.
- Bulky build
- Coiled chord is too long for some
- Straight L-plug causes additional pressure on the joints, leading to potential damage.
- Earpads need occasional replacement due to flaking
The Sony MDR-7506 Circum-aural Closed-Back Professional Monitor Headphones have a no-nonsense approach to their design. Not flashy by any means, the product aims to lure the customer with its simplicity. The engineering is simple, elegant and brilliant. Coupled with a tight accuracy for detailing in sound, the rugged MDR-7506 is a lucrative option, especially for the price it comes at.