Sound Quality Rating
Build Quality Rating
4 out of 5
Designed to cater to an array of customers, Audio-Technica brings to the market a range of devices. From noise-cancelling headphones to high performance ones, Audio-Technica has it all. Coupled with an edgy fashion sense that does not compromise on comfort, the headphones make the best of both worlds.
The Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B Headphones are as compact as they get. Whether in the office or while travelling, these fold-flat headphones ensure easy travel and storage. Ideal for music systems, ipods, and in-flight entertainment systems, the circumaural Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B Headphones offer high resolution sound with detailed clarity across the spectrum of frequencies. They have active noise cancellation that competes in reducing ambient noise to an extent as offered by the higher-end products from Bose. Indeed, the headphones maybe said to be some of the midrange best noise-cancelling headphones in the market. The battery compartment is integrated beneath the right earpiece, such that no external modules are required. They function even in passive mode (without the batteries).
- Stainless steel memory wire that provides a locked-in, over-the-ear fit and ensures that the earphones do not fall out
- ANC circuitry that effectively reduces environmental noise by 90%
- Active noise reduction up-to 20dB
- Large-aperture 40mm drivers with neodymium magnets
- Wide range of frequency response from 10Hz-25 kHz
- 3.5mm gold plated straight plug
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B Headphones
- Detachable 5.2′ cable with 3.5 mm (1/8″) stereo mini-plug
- Detachable 3.3′ cable with 3.5 mm (1/8″) stereo mini-plug
- Airline adapter
- Triple A battery (alkaline)
- Carrying case with attached accessory pouch
Elegant and clean, theAudio-Technica ATH-ANC7B Headphones are circumaural headphones with general cushioning on the soft-leather earcups. The build is compact, with integrated circuitry so as to avoid external modules. Two detachable and thick cables of different lengths allow flexibility of use.
- Warranty1 Yr Limited Warranty
- Dimensions8.2 x 2.5 x 11"
- Weight1.8 lb
- Cable Length67"
- Battery Life40 Hrs
- Build Quality
Construction is not very solid; the plastic bracket holding the earpieces tend to break because of the brittleness of the plastics.
Soft, self-moulding cushions of the earcups offer a snug answer to ambient noise problems.
Treble is bright and crisp but may appear slightly harsh to some ears.
Mid-range is open and natural.
The bass is attenuated, equalisers needed for good performance
- Noise Reduction
The product boats of circuitry that reduces ambient noise upto 90%, thereby providing satisfactory sonic solitude.
Overall performance is satisfactory, with low levels of distortion even at high volumes. Sound is detailed with considerable separation and transparency.
- Compact and fold flat design is good for storage
- Active noise cancellation
- Firm and cushioned earcups that offer a secure fit
- Audio is active even is battery is not present
- They work even when active noise-cancellation is turned off
- Immersive soundstage
- Sound leakage occurs
- Earcups and headband might be prove uncomfortable for some users, even after adjustment
- The straight jack tends to ‘crack’ under pressure at the junction
The Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B Headphones boasts of circuitry that reduces ambient sound to a minimum. The high sensitivity ratings of 109dB enable the device to play at satisfactory volumes even from low powered sources. Product fabrication, however, leaves much to be desired. Engineering is poor and materials are cheap. As a result, the plastic parts tend to break off, even after careful handling.